Episode 11 of the Az Update Show. This week Anthony Bartolo and Thomas Maurer discuss the latest Microsoft Azure News with our producer Pierre Roman.
- Azure Firewall Manager is now generally available: Azure Firewall Manager is now generally available and includes Azure Firewall Policy, Azure Firewall in a Virtual WAN Hub (Secure Virtual Hub), and Hub Virtual Network. In addition, the Azure team is introducing several new capabilities to Firewall Manager and Firewall Policy to align with the standalone Azure Firewall configuration capabilities. You can read the full blog post here.
- Plan your migration to Azure VMware Solution using the Azure Migrate server assessment tool: Azure Migrate now supports assessments for Azure VMware Solution (Preview), providing even more options for you to plan your migration to Azure.
Analyze readiness for your move to Azure VMware Solution, assess suitability, cost planning, performance-based rightsizing, and application dependencies using the Azure Migrate server assessment tool. Azure VMware Solution enables you to run VMware natively on Azure and provides a dedicated software-defined data center for your VMware environment.
Azure VMware Solution assessment is currently available in preview and is included in your Azure subscription along with Azure Migrate.
- Azure Cost Management + Billing updates – June 2020: Whether you're a new student, thriving startup, or the largest enterprise, you have financial constraints, and you need to know what you're spending, where, and how to plan for the future. Nobody wants a surprise when it comes to the bill, and this is where Azure Cost Management + Billing comes in. This week Azure Cost Management and Billing go some new updates.
More flexibility for budget notifications.
Subscribe to active cost recommendations with Advisor digests.
Automate subscription creation in Azure Government.
Subscription ownership transfer improvements.New ways to save money with Azure.
New videos and learning opportunities.
You can read the full blog here.
- JulyOT - A month of learning focused on Azure IoT Solutions: The IoT team at Microsoft has curated a collection of content designed to demonstrate and teach developers how to build solutions with Azure IoT services. Solutions covered will include:
Intelligent Home Security with NVIDIA Jetson
What happens when R&D is free from hardware limitations?
Learn to build an enterprise-scale IoT solution
Resources will be updated every Thursday during the month of July and will detail how you can contribute and be a part of #JulyOT with your own project(s).
You can find more information on Tech Community.
- Virtual machine scale sets—Automatic image upgrades for custom images now available: Automatically deploy new versions of custom images to scale set virtual machines using the new capabilities of virtual machine scale sets. Automatic OS image upgrade monitors your image gallery and automatically begins scale set upgrades when a new image version is deployed, facilitating faster image deployment without additional overhead. Enabling automatic OS image upgrades will safely upgrade the OS disk for all virtual machines in the scale set, helping to ease update management.
This capability is now available for custom images through Shared Image Gallery, which enables image publishing across multiple subscriptions and regions through a centralized image management platform. You can find more information on the Azure Update page.
- MS Learn Module of the Week
AZ-104: Prerequisites for Azure administratorsIf you're an IT Administrator that's new to Azure and need to prepare for Exam AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator, this path is the place to start. Learn the basic Azure concepts you'll need to know as an Azure administrator.
Intro Video and Music Source: CC BY "Kundan Kumar" — Intro without text | 5 best intro is licensed under CC BY-ND 2.0.