In this video, we are going to have a look at how you can optimize your Azure environment using Azure Advisor. Running virtual machines in Azure is great. However, there are a lot of things you need to think about to improve performance, security, and reliability. Your cloud environment is also constantly changing, so you will need to check your Azure VMs from time to time. Luckily, there is a service called Azure Advisor which is a personalized cloud consultant that helps you follow best practices to optimize your Azure deployments. It analyzes your resource configuration and usage telemetry and then recommends solutions that can help you improve the cost-effectiveness, performance, reliability, and security of your Azure resources.
With Advisor, you can:
- Get proactive, actionable, and personalized best practices recommendations.
- Improve the performance, security, and reliability of your resources, as you identify opportunities to reduce your overall Azure spend.
- Get recommendations with proposed actions inline.
- Introduction to Azure Advisor
- Azure Advisor documentation
- View Azure Advisor recommendations that matter to you
- Microsoft Azure Advisor: How to Improve performance, security, and reliability of your Azure VMs
0:51 Azure Portal
1:39 Azure Advisor Recommendations
3:12 Azure Advisor
7:48 Wrap Up
Thomas works as a Senior Cloud Advocate at Microsoft. He engages with the community and customers around the world to share his knowledge and collect feedback to improve the Azure cloud platform. Prior to joining the Azure engineering team (Cloud + AI), Thomas was a Lead Architect and Microsoft MVP, to help architect, implement and promote Microsoft cloud technology.
If you want to know more about Thomas, check out: