What code samples do we have and how do you get them? We try to create and maintain a large number of code samples covering a wide array of developer scenarios. In this episode we're going to spend some time going over a few of the samples that are available, as well as some ways to find them.
Here are links to some of the resources we discussed:
- Matthias's blog post that highlights some awesome Windows Phone samples, and where to get them
- The Windows Phone Dev Center samples page – the complete list of samples created by the Windows Phone developer content team, by developers for developers
- The Lens sample (check out Lenses for Windows Phone 8 for an overview and walkthrough of how to build your Lens app)
- The photo extensibility sample (see Photo extensibility for Windows Phone for more info about how to use the sample and how to create your app)
- The Twitter search infinite scrolling sample using the LongListSelector control in Windows Phone (check out the topic on how to display data in a grouped list using LLS)
- The People Hub LongListSelector sample, with jump lists (be sure to see the topic on how to display data in a grouped list using LLS for info about using LLS for this sample, too)
- A speech recognition sample that covers using a custom grammar (see Voice commands for Windows Phone 8 for more info about how to use this feature in your app)
Please let us know any questions you may have, or feedback.