Download this episode
This week, Matthias gave us a quick introduction to Windows Azure Mobile Services (WAMS) for Windows Phone Developers.
Lots of folks we talk to find the prospect of building a server component to their Windows Phone app a bit daunting, but Azure Mobile Services opens up a whole new universe of possibilities in terms of the experiences you deliver to your customers: Data Storage, Authentication, and Push Notifications.
In this video, Matthias provides some more depth on adding Authentication and Push Notifications for Windows Phone apps. In many ways, this is an extension of the demo that Nick Harris performed in the video Windows Phone - Getting Started With Windows Azure Mobile Services.
Here are some additional places to go to get more information
- Azure Mobile Services official Developer Documentation
- Thomas Fennel on implementing Live Tiles on Windows Phone using Push Notification, including outstanding full blown sample that includes a server application with website portal for testing push.
- Windows Azure: Getting started with Mobile Services, for Windows Phone
- Windows Azure: Tutorials and Resources, for Windows Phone, (includes tutorials on data, user authentication, push, services, and tools
- Nick Harris on uploading images to Azure Mobile Services
Questions? Tweet to @matthiasshap
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.