In this episode Luke Nyswonger, the doc lead for Windows Phone, does a walk-through of all the great improvements they made to the docs in the Mango beta release.
Pay attention so you don't miss:
- A great "What's new" page that you can use to get to all the feature overviews, code-samples, etc..
- The samples and how-to walkthroughs are now a bit more scenario oriented. For example, their sockets demo is a full blown tic-tac-toe game, their tiles sample has every possible tile option, etc.
- They moved the User experience Design guidelines from a PDF to an HTML format and they literally doubled the amount of content that went into the UX guidelines.
- They moved the certification requirements from a PDF to an HTML format, and they have included the test steps so you can ensure you test ahead of time (or if you fail certification you have repro steps).
- They have a very nice "developer resources page" in the apphub that aggregates all the content that Windows phone developers will need.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.