Play Inside Windows Phone 19:Mango documentation
In this episode Luke Nyswonger, the doc lead for Windows Phone, does a walk-through of all the great improvements they made to the docs in the Mango beta release.
Pay attention so you don't miss:
- A great "What's new" page that you can use to get to all the feature overviews, code-samples, etc..
- The samples and how-to walkthroughs are now a bit more scenario oriented. For example, their sockets demo is a full blown tic-tac-toe game, their tiles sample has every possible tile option, etc.
- They moved the User experience Design guidelines from a PDF to an HTML format and they literally doubled the amount of content that went into the UX guidelines.
- They moved the certification requirements from a PDF to an HTML format, and they have included the test steps so you can ensure you test ahead of time (or if you fail certification you have repro steps).
- They have a very nice "developer resources page" in the apphub that aggregates all the content that Windows phone developers will need.