Download this episode
Tidy is a "to-do list" prototype application that leverages a lot of the new features Windows Phone mango release.
If you like the walk-through, the Windows Phone Mango training kit has hands-on-labs that show step-by-step instructions for building it. In the training kit, you will find the following (and other) labs:
- Local database hands-on-lab. Tidy uses SQL CE as its data store and the hands-on lab will show you how to attribute the object model to create LINQ to SQL mappings. How to create databases at run-time, and how to
query the database.
- Alerts and Reminders hands-on-lab. Tidy allows you to create reminders for a task. The hands-on lab shows you how to query it a reminder exists, how to create and delete a reminder.
- Start Tile pinning hands-on-lab. Tidy allows you to pin projects. This way if your tasks are organized you can deep-link into project specific views and get the tasks for that specific project.
- Background Transfer hands-on-lab shows you how to use the new background transfer APIs to upload and download a backup of the database to your local machine.
- Background agents hands-on-lab shows you how to create background agents in Mango. The background agents check your location every 30 minutes and if you are nearby a location where tasks are due, it will prompt you a shell toast notification to remind you to complete the task while you are at that location. The background agent also demonstrates how to update the tiles from an agent – it checks tasks that are overdue and it updates the tile for the project with the count-.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.