Download this episode
This week on Inside Windows Phone, we got to talk to Program Manager Peter Torr about Multitasking in Windows Phone Mango. Peter goes in depth on the different types of Multitasking, including Fast App Switching, Background Notifications, Background Transfer Service, and Background Agents.
Peter goes _way_ in depth on how background agents work, and how you use them.
Here are some other resources on Multitasking and Background Agents:
- Email transcript of some of the topics discussed in this video
- Darin MIller at MIX 2011 talking about Windows Phone Multitasking, in general
- Peter at MIX 2011 talking about Windows Phone Multitasking
- MSDN Library on Windows Phone Multitasking
- How To play Background Audio for Windows Phone (Sample)
- Background Audio Overview for Windows Phone (Sample)
- How To: Create Alarms and Reminders for Windows Phone (Sample)
- How To: Implement Background File Transfer for Windows Phone (Sample)
- Execution Model Overview for Windows Phone (Describes FAS) (Sample)
- Background Agents Overview for Windows Phone (Sample)
- Tiles Overview for Windows Phone (Sample)
- Jason Zander on Building a Dynamic Tile for Push Notificatoin on Windows Phone
- Peter Torr's weblog on MSDN
Let us know about any topics you want to watch us dive deep into.
You can reach us on twitter via @jaimerodriguez, @larryalieberman or email via http://blogs.msdn.com/jaimer
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.