Download this episode
Today, Arturo Toledo talks about his experiences as a new member of the Windows Phone User Experience team.
Arturo dove in head first, and recently built his first Windows Phone app. In this presentation he regales us with all of his learning in the last few months about what it takes to deliver an outstanding Windows Phone application.
For those of you who are interested, I've posted Arturo's PowerPoint presentation here.
Here are some links to key UX resources for Windows Phone application development:
- Windows Phone User Experience Guidelines, at http://wpdev.ms/wpuxguide
- Bryan Agnetta on Windows Phone User Experience, at Build 2011, https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/BUILD/BUILD2011/APP-832T
- .toolbox couse: Calculator: http://www.microsoft.com/design/toolbox/school/modules.aspx?lid=16&mid=46
- .toolbox course: Daily Awesome: http://www.microsoft.com/design/toolbox/school/modules.aspx?lid=17&mid=47
- .toolbox course: Air Hockey: http://www.microsoft.com/design/toolbox/school/modules.aspx?lid=18&mid=48
- .toolbox course: Golf: http://www.microsoft.com/design/toolbox/school/modules.aspx?lid=19&mid=49
- .toolbox tutorials: http://www.microsoft.com/design/toolbox/school/tutorials.aspx, (videos on using Sketchflow for Windows Phone in Expression Blend, as well as several tutorials on Metro, application design on Windows Phone, Layout and more
If you have more questions, let us know at @larryalieberman and @arturot
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.