This week we spoke to Dev Plat Program Manager Mike Battista about how we extended the great Windows Phone experience to run on more affordable hardware, and what it means for software developers.
And what does it mean? Tremendous new opportunities!
Given these changes, we felt you would like more information about exactly what we did to accomplish this, and what YOU can do in order maximize the impact of your applications on these new devices.
Here are some more links to relevant additional materials on this release:
- Joe Belfiore on the Windows Phone Developer Blog, about "Getting ready for 60% more customers"
- Mike Battista on the Windows Phone Developer Blog, about "Optimizing Apps for Lower Cost Devices"
- Download the CTP of the new update to the Windows Phone SDK, (7.1.1), on the MS.COM download center.
- Pratap Lakshman on the Windows Phone Developer Blog about "Memory Profiling for Application Performance"
- Our official Windows Phone Developer Documentation on "What's New in the Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 Update CTP"
- Windows Phone Application Certification Requirements: http://wpdev.ms/certreq
- The new Nokia Lumia 610, on Nokia's web site.
If you have any questions, let me know!
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.