Windows Phone Mango is almost here and we are rebooting the show to get you ready for it. Larry Lieberman, Product Manager in Windows Phone developer marketing, is joining as a host for the show so we can get you shows more often (yay!)
In this episode, we provide a high level overview of some of what we think are the most exciting new features for developers in Mango; some of the issues and concerns that you should be aware of in preparing your applications for Mango, and some of the application compatibility issues you should be aware of.
As of 10 PM on 8/22, the RC of the developer tools is now available here, Mango submission is also available for registered developers, the broad announcement will come in the next few days.
Here are some places to look for more information about building applications for Windows Phone Mango:
- Recent Official Blog Posts:
- Resources for Windows Phone Mango Developers
- Everything you've Always Wanted to Know about Application Compatibility in Windows Phone 'Mango'
- What happens when I publish a Windows Phone 'Mango' application update?
- Windows Phone Developers Get New App Hub Features: Mango app submission just one month away (includes info on new marketplace markets for Windows Phone, and new country support for the WP Ad Control)
- Other resources
- Info about localizing your application
- Windows Phone Mango Training Kit
- Absolute Beginner's Series for Windows Phone Development
- Mango JumpStart series: ** EVENT HAS OCCURRED ** Videos will be on C9 in the coming week!
In the coming weeks, we'll be providing you deeper insights into how to take advantage of all the exciting new features in Mango, including:
- The nuts and bolts of Background Agents with Peter Torr, Program Manager extraordinaire
- Accelerating your way through the certification process, with Steve Bell
- And more!
Let us know about any topics you want to watch us dive deep into.
You can reach us on twitter via @jaimerodriguez, @larryalieberman or email via http://blogs.msdn.com/jaimer