Please note: We changed the event from Nov 11th to Dec 9th
Premieres: December 9th, 9am-10am PST with live Q&A and on-demand following the event.
Deep Dives are interactive technical live and on-demand events for developers, architects, or anyone building IoT solutions. Microsoft engineers and guest speakers do technical deep dives about a new feature or scenario. List of all upcoming Microsoft IoT Deep Dives: https://aka.ms/iotshow/deepdive
- To ask questions during the live event, please go here and join chat (This link goes live a day before the event): https://aka.ms/live/deepdive/azure-digital-twins-WillowTwin
Azure Digital Twins for smart buildings: A look into WillowTwin solution
Willow has been a key partner in helping us realize the potential of Azure IoT investments in Digital Twins, in Smart Buildings, in standardizing building ontologies, reducing building onboarding effort, and offering a rich user experience for property managers, facility managers, and tenants. Integrating Digital Twins Definition language (DTDL) has completely transformed Willow's software development process and freed them from constrained hierarchical models while saving hours of development time.
In this session we will take you through the end to end experience of WillowTwin's building solution to prove out the benefits of Azure Digital Twins, DTDL, and the broader Azure IoT ecosystem. The deep dive focuses on Azure Digital Twins capabilities in the solution context:
- Architecture from edge to data transformation
- Flexible modeling of the building with DTDL using interfaces, relationships, model inheritance, semantic units and reusable components.
- Automating the extraction of data, meta-data and system level relationships from Building Information Model (BIM) and creation of digital twins graph with instances and relationships using Azure Digital Twins C# SDK
- Connecting a digital twin to an advanced 3D model of the building using interactive experience
- Connecting live data from the Building Management System to IoT Edge, IoT Hub, Azure Functions and Azure Digital Twins, all the way to front-end visualization in time-machine, historian trend logs that generates actionable insights.
- Using the rich Azure Digital Twins query language to filter by specific models and conditions to get latest aggregates of the twins.
- Routing the data to downstream Azure services for analytics or storage.
Using live data from an iconic customer building, Rick and Alina will discuss the benefits that Digital Twins has to offer both end customers and developers alike.
Deep Dive Host: Pamela Cortez - Azure IoT Senior PM
Have an idea for an IoT Deep Dive? Tweet #IoTDeepDive @AltaOhms with your request!