Starting Monday, June 7, 2021 (PST), join Christos Matskas and John Patrick Dandison live on Learn TV and explore this five-part Learn Microsoft Identity series. Each week, Microsoft experts will be walking through Learn modules live and answering your questions.
Microsoft identity platform is an evolution of the Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) developer platform. It allows developers to build applications that sign in users, and access resources in both external applications such as Microsoft Office 365, the Azure portal, and thousands of other SaaS applications as well as internal resources, such as apps on your corporate network and intranet, along with any cloud apps developed by your own organization. In this module, you will learn the basics of Microsoft identity including the different types of tokens, account types, and supported topologies.
Add each session to calendar and join us over on Learn TV every week.
June 7 - Episode 1 - Getting started with Microsoft Identity
- Explain the different types of tokens used in Microsoft Identity solutions
- Compare and contrast the different account types
- Compare and contrast the supported Microsoft Identity Topologies
June 21 - Episode 2 - Application types in Microsoft identity
- Compare and contrast different grant types (flows) in the OAuth 2.0 protocol
- Evaluate which authentication protocol to use based on the app scenario
- Implement different authentication protocols in different application types
June 28 - Episode 3 - Permissions and Consent Framework
- Compare and contrast different permission types supported by the Microsoft identity platform
- Compare and contrast the difference between static and dynamic consent in user permissions
- Create an app that implements dynamic consent for incrementally obtaining permissions as needed from users
July 12 - Episode 4 - Secure custom APIs with Microsoft Identity
- Create a custom web API that is secured with Microsoft identity
- Create a custom web app that calls a custom web API secured with Microsoft identity
- Create a custom daemon app that calls a custom web API secured with Microsoft identity
July 19 - Episode 5 - Work with users, groups, and roles in custom apps and APIs
- Create a custom ASP.NET web app that is secured with Microsoft identity
- Demonstrate how to obtain security groups as a claim in the token and use them in the app
- Demonstrate how to use app roles to grant users access to an app