Download this episode
Join us as we talk with two of the developers behind Xbox Dev Kit Mode. Xbox Dev Kit mode enables anyone to start building games on Xbox One. We'll talk about what you need to get started, see a demo of how to get up and running, and find out how you can provide feedback and share what your creating!
- [00:34] - What is Xbox Dev Kit mode?
- [01:45] - What do I need to get Started
- [02:39] - Demo
- [16:45] - What most excited the developers?
- [19:26] - Xbox Dev Mode is currently in Preview: what is the schedule?
Ready to get started?
- Search on your Xbox One Retail kit for the App called "Dev Mode Activation" to download and install the app
- Install Visual Studio on your PC. Community Edition is free and can be found here, https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-community-vs.aspx
- Sign-up for a Dev Center Account https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/games/getstarted
- Want to ship your game commercially on Xbox One or on Windows 10 with Xbox Live? Make sure to sign-up at ID@Xbox at http://www.xbox.com/id
We can't wait to see what you create and don't forget to share your creations using #XboxDevMode
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.