If you experience unexpected power consumption issues, it's likely that your Surface device will have been interrupted from its' lowest power state, DRIPS, more than usual. On today's demo bench Senior Program Manager from the Surface engineering team, Joao Botto, returns to show you how to troubleshoot and pinpoint issues by running and reading available sleep-study and energy reports for the affected device.
For additional information, see our blog on TechNet: http://blogs.technet.com/b/surface/archive/2016/03/01/troubleshooting-power-management-for-your-surface-during-modern-standby.aspx
Continue watching, check out these other Microsoft Mechanics shows on Surface
- Tour of the New Microsoft Surface Dock
- Simplifying Surface imaging with the Surface Deployment Accelerator
- An Engineer Guided Tour of Surface Pro 4
- Understanding Surface Power Management with Modern Standby in Windows 10
- Migrating your Surface to Windows 10, with Windows in-place upgrade
- How to manage and update your drivers and firmware for Surface
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.