It's the final episode of the Countdown to Microsoft Ignite, and as promised, Rick and Joey give you the compressed version of their Ignite 101 session. So, sit back and learn from the masters how you can make the most of this incredible conference in... five days.
If you're not able to join us in Chicago, watch the live stream online at http://ignite.microsoft.com starting with a Keynote pre-show, walking through the keynote speakers, and on to the Keynote post-show. After the Keynote, we head into the live Countdown Show (check the Conference Guide for schedule). If you're there in person, stop by the Channel9 Live booth just inside the Grand Concourse to watch the show, live!
After the Channel9 Live show, you'll want to check out the Hot Room, a dedicated room where sessions streaming live are held. If you're an attendee, you can view these via the Second Screen Experience on MyIgnite.
So let's get down to it, the opportunities to "Learn, Connect, and Innovate" at Ignite:
- Microsoft Ignite 101: Everyone is new to Microsoft Ignite! See the full Ignite 101 session, with even more great information and tips from Rick and Joey. Microsoft Ignite 101, held on Sunday, May 3 at 9:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M.
- Pre-Day Sessions: If you've registered for a Pre-Day Session on Sunday, May 3, you'll spend it in an immersive all-day session, diving deep with one of the industry's leading experts.
- Microsoft Ignite Keynote: Monday, May 4 in Lakeside Hall D. Doors open at 8:00 A.M. and the pre-show begins at 8:30 A.M. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella will take the stage at 9:00, followed by Joe Belfiore, Gurdeep Singh Pall, and Brad Anderson. After the Keynote, pick up your Grab & Go lunch, and look for that golden ticket in your napkin... you may be the lucky winner!
- Foundational Keynotes: From the 10,000 foot level of the Keynote, these sessions drop to 5,000 feet to go a little deeper into the technologies and offer insights on sessions you'll want to see. Choose from 11 Foundation Keynotes. Check MyIgnite to add one to your schedule.
- Showcase Keynote: Monday, May 4 in Lakeside Hall D. Don't forget this Showcase Keynote session, 5:00 P.M.–6:00 P.M., presented by Harry Shum.
- Breakout Sessions: There are more than 600 different Breakouts to choose from at Microsoft Ignite. Remember that all of them are available on-demand, and there's also the Second Screen Experience on MyIgnite, if you want to multi-task. Watch the video for an overview of the different session levels.
- Hands-on Labs: If you're a hands-on learner, the labs are a great place to experience technology. For the first time, Hands-on Labs will be available via MyIgnite on-demand, both during and after the conference (for 30 days). So you can even experience a Hands-on Lab any time you like!
- Instructor-led Labs: You definitely want to take advantage of Instructor-led Labs onsite, where you get the hands-on experience, along with expert instruction.
- Theater Sessions: New! Choose from three types of 20-minute Theater Sessions, held in the Expo Hall, offered during lunch and breaks in the Expo Hall theaters, where seating for 20+ people provides a casual space to hear from Microsoft, partners, and the community. See the full range on MyIgnite.
- Microsoft Certification and Exam Prep Sessions: Visit Certification Central to access the Study Hall, Exam Prep Sessions, and take your Certification exams at 50% off the regular fee. (Remember to register for your exams early, so you get the timeslot you prefer.
- MyIgnite: Log into MyIgnite, and use Schedule Builder to create your conference agenda. If you're wondering when to export, our advice is to wait until the last minute to ensure your schedule is up-to-date. Remember, you'll also receive a printed Session Schedule onsite. Through MyIgnite, you'll have access to all presentation slides and whitepapers, as well as the link to join the Yammer discussion and ask questions of speakers, access the Second Screen Experience, and more!
- Microsoft Ignite App: Download the event app and have everything at your fingertips! http://aka.ms/ignite.mobileapp
- Microsoft Ignite Conference Guide: Everything you need to know to navigate the conference is in your Conference Guide – which is on OneNote! If it's happening at Ignite, it's in the Guide, including everything from agendas and maps, to networking and the Expo Hall, Keynote speakers, FAQs, and more. Access the Guide via MyIgnite, and be sure to sync it to your device(s) so you always have the latest information at your fingertips.
- Hallway Sessions: Take advantage of the most important benefit of attending an in-person event... the networking! While you can watch Breakouts on-demand after the conference, the conversations and "sessions" you have with other attendees, speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors in the hall (or anywhere!) are only available onsite at Ignite! Remember, you can use the Attendee Directory on MyIgnite to schedule meetups. Opt-in so others can find you!
- Lounges: Take a break, recharge, and sit down for a casual meeting in any of the five Expo Hall Lounges. Each offers seating, a place to plug in your devices, and whiteboards to facilitate discussion. Watch the video for tips from Joey and Rick on how to meet new people and get networking!
- Welcome Reception and Ask the Experts: Monday, May 5, 6:00 P.M.–8:00 P.M. in South Hall A1/A2. Explore the Expo and network with Sponsors and Exhibitors, and meet and talk directly with the Microsoft product experts. This is one of the key opportunities to network, find solutions and ask questions... and there's food and drinks, too.
- Collect Stickers! New! Wherever you go at Ignite, watch for the chance to collect a sticker for your badge. Show off your product and technology interests, and use them to network with other like-minded attendees. Fill your badge, snap a selfie to show your stickers, follow @MsIgnite on Twitter and share your photo with #MSIgniteSweeps. You could win a VIP Attendee Celebration experience!
- Connect with the Experts: Visit the Microsoft Solutions Experience in the Expo Hall to meet with product experts. Each area has an information desk, to help you find and schedule time with experts who can answer your specific product questions.
- Mealtime Mashups: New! Tuesday–Thursday, 11:30 A.M.–2:30 P.M. in North Hall B. Grab lunch and find a table to discuss the topic of your choice... Mealtime Mashups are arranged by region on Tuesday, by industry on Wednesday, and by product on Thursday. Check the Conference Guide OneNote for details.
- Microsoft Ignite Rocks! at House of Blues® Chicago: Monday, May 4, 9:00 P.M.–12:00 A.M. Hit the stage and rock the house, as we take over the House of Blues. Show your talent, or watch the show!
- After Hours: New! Monday–Wednesday, 8:00 P.M.–11:30 P.M. at various Microsoft Ignite hotels. Keep networking after hours! Enjoy food and drink specials nightly, at a selection of conference hotels. Check the Conference Guide OneNote for details.
- Women in Technology: Join women in technology at Ignite—open to everyone! Luncheon: Wednesday, May 6, 12:15 P.M.–1:45 P.M. in Room S406. Panelists discuss how they achieved their goals in today's changing world. Breakfast: Thursday, May 7, 7:30 A.M.–8:30 A.M. in Room S406. Enjoy breakfast and a casual networking opportunity.
- Microsoft Ignite Celebration: Thursday, May 7, 6:30 P.M.–10:30 P.M. in Lakeside Hall D. Party with 20,000+ of your closest friends! Get ready for an incredible celebration... with Grammy Nominated and multi-platinum selling rock band Fall Out Boy! Check the Conference Guide OneNote for full details.
- Get Social! Join the Yammer Network, share on Twitter #MSIgnite, and get on the Microsoft Ignite Forums at https://channel9.msdn.com/Forums/MicrosoftIgnite. Share your ideas, questions, and comments!
Check out innovative new solutions from sponsors and exhibitors in the Expo Hall. Take in Theater Sessions led by Microsoft, sponsors, and the community in the Expo Hall theaters, and explore the following key areas to see, try, and discuss the latest technologies from Microsoft and our customers:
- Customer Showcase: See how some key customers have used an array of Microsoft technologies to drive their business.
- Device Bar: See, touch, and try the latest Windows devices.
- Immersion: Visit two immersion areas within the Expo, the Cloud Platform Immersion and the Customer Immersion Experience. Learn, discuss, and experience technologies and solutions in action. Check the Conference Guide OneNote for details.
- Microsoft Solutions Experience: Meet and talk with speakers, Microsoft product managers, and industry experts in the MSE. Check the Conference Guide OneNote for a complete list of the products represented at Microsoft Ignite!
- Conference Stores: Pick up souvenirs and the latest books from industry innovators in the Conference Store and Bookstore. And, visit the Microsoft Store for the latest technologies, and take advantage of special offers! Hint: Go early to get the best selection. Check the Conference Guide OneNote for special offers.
See you at Microsoft Ignite, May 4–8 in Chicago at McCormick Place.