We set out to bring Power BI Embedded reports into SureSpot's online parking reservation service. SureSpot allows customers to employ automated reservation systems into existing parking lots using on-site hardware that connects to Microsoft Azure. This hardware consists of a camera system that tracks available spaces in real time, a camera that scans incoming license plates, and a kiosk system that runs a VB.Net application. The kiosk allows end users to pay for parking in person or reserve spaces ahead of time via web and mobile applications for Android and iOS. In addition, the kiosk allows operators to control gates and other aspects of the system remotely.
- Omri Shafran (@omrishafran) – CEO, Surespot Inc.
- Diego Rodriguez – Lead Developer, SureSpot Inc.
- Jesus Romero – Lead Developer, SureSpot Inc.
- Paul DeCarlo (@pjdecarlo) – Senior Technical Evangelist, Microsoft
- Mostafa Elzoghbi (@MostafaElzoghbi ) – Senior Technical Evangelist, Microsoft
Our solution required the creation of a Management dashboard for internal users and a secure reporting system for customers of SureSpot hardware installations. This involved the creation of two Power BI Embedded reports that access data provided by an Azure SQL Database that is fed by the on-site hardware. These reports were later integrated into an existing ASP.NET web application that runs on a virtual machine in Microsoft Azure.
For more information on the project visit: