MRTK-Unity is a Microsoft-driven project that provides a set of components and features, used to accelerate cross-platform MR app development in Unity.
This project provides instruction for how to create an interactive holographic museum exhibit. The ObjectManipulator.cs and NearInteractionGrabbable.cs scripts are introduced in this project.
Below is a description of each part of the video:
- Configure Unity for WMR Development (00:00) - Learn how to setup your Unity environment for Windows Mixed Reality Development.
- Import MRTK into Unity (04:24) - Learn how to import the Mixed Reality Toolkit into Unity and configure the project with the Mixed Reality Toolkit.
- Configure Objects (07:25) - Learn how to configure the objects in the scene with a rigidbody and collider.
- Add Scripts to Objects (13:40) - Learn how to configure the ObjectManipulator.cs and InteractionGrabbable.cs scripts for the objects.
- Demo (20:27) - View a demo of the project with a HoloLens 2.
GitHub repo: github.com/aprilspeight/mrtk-mr-museum
- Mixed Reality Toolkit Repo: aka.ms/mrtk
- Tools to Install for Windows Mixed Reality Development: aka.ms/install-the-tools
- Set up a mixed reality project in Unity with the Mixed Reality Toolkit: aka.ms/learn-mrtk-unity
- MRTK Object Manipulator: aka.ms/object-manipulator