MRTK-Unity is a Microsoft-driven project that provides a set of components and features, used to accelerate cross-platform MR app development in Unity.
This project provides an introductory lesson on the Spatial Awareness system. The Spatial Awareness system provides real-world environmental awareness in mixed reality applications.
Below is a description of each part of the video:
- Configure Unity for WMR Development (00:00) - Learn how to setup your Unity environment for Windows Mixed Reality Development.
- Import MRTK into Unity (06:14) - Learn how to import the Mixed Reality Toolkit into Unity and configure the project with the Mixed Reality Toolkit.
- Enable Spatial Awareness System (09:51) - Learn how to enable the MRTK Spatial Awareness system in Unity.
- Add a Spatial Observer (12:48) - Learn how to add a spatial observer to the configuration profile.
- Add Objects to Scene (19:00) - Learn how to add objects to the scene. Also, learn how to add a button to make the objects active after mapping the environment with spatial mesh.
- Add Button to Hide Spatial Mesh (30:46) - Learn how to add a button that hides the spatial mesh when pressed.
- Demo (36:44) - View a demo of the project with a HoloLens 2.
GitHub repo: github.com/aprilspeight/mrtk-spatial-awareness
- Mixed Reality Toolkit Repo: aka.ms/mrtk
- Tools to Install for Windows Mixed Reality Development: aka.ms/install-the-tools
- Set up a mixed reality project in Unity with the Mixed Reality Toolkit: aka.ms/learn-mrtk-unity
- UX Guidance on Spatial Mesh: aka.ms/spatial-mesh
- MRTK Spatial Awareness System: aka.ms/mrtk-spatial-awareness
- MRTK Spatial Observer: aka.ms/mrtk-spatial-observers-code