Application Insights is powerful Application Performance Management (APM) service for developers building application hosted in Azure, on-premise or elsewhere.
In this episode, we are joined by Michael Milirud (@micwebnet) who is a Product Manager on the Azure Monitoring team. He shows us how easy it is to get started with Application Insights with Visual Studio. He also discusses a few new features that you can make use of today such as Live Metrics, Load testing, and more.
- [01:05] - When can Application Insights be used?
- [02:41] - Exploring the ApplicationInsights.config file
- [03:56] - Enabling the Application Insights experience in Visual Studio
- [05:13] - Live metrics in the Azure portal
- [06:09] - Adaptive Monitoring
- [08:40] - Portal experience
- [12:10] - Performance monitoring
- [14:03] - What types of applications can make use of Applications Insights?
- [15:10] - User Analytics
- [18:15] - Application Analytics with Kusto
You can learn more about what Application Insights has to offer, how to use the Kusto query language and more using the links below.
- What is Application Insights?
- Azure Application Insights REST API docs
- Kusto query language
- Create a Free Account (Azure)