MonoGame is an Open Source implementation of the Microsoft XNA 4 Framework. It allows developers to create games for iOS, Android, MacOS, Linux, Windows, Xbox and PlayStation.
In this episode, Brian Peek comes on to talk to us about how to get started with MonoGame, and also show some interesting games that have been built with the framework
- [00:31] - What is MonoGame
- [02:09] - What does MonoGame support?
- [03:02] - What are some games that have been built with MonoGame?
- [04:37] - What is needed to get started with MonoGame?
- [06:53] - What is the learning curve like?
- [08:25] - Game + Code demo
- [11:26] - How can you control screen updates?
- [13:12] - How can you structure your game logic for reuse?
- [16:24] - What is the testing experience like?
- [17:31] - Where can you find resources to get started?
- MonoGame Showcase
- MonoGame + CoreRT
- XNA Game Studio documentation
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- Xbox Live Creators Program
- Intro to MonoGame from Build 2016