In this episode, Aaron Stannard (@Aaronontheweb) comes on to talk about his open source project, Akka.NET. This is a toolkit and runtime for building highly concurrent, distributed, and fault tolerant event-driven applications on .NET and Mono.
- [01:35] - Implementations and uses of the actor model
- [03:13] - What is an actor?
- [10:04] - Actors in the cloud
- [12:05] - Running Akka .NET on premise or in cloud
- [14:31] - Use cases for Akka .NET
- [17:25] - Supported versions of .NET
- [18:45] - Running Akka .NET in containers
Check out the links below to learn more about the Akka .NET project.