In this episode of On .NET, Chris Gillum (@cgillum) from the Azure Functions team stops by to talk to us about Durable Functions. With Durable Functions, you can create stateful workflows in a serverless environment.
- [00:31] - What does Durable mean?
- [01:31] - How long has the service been around?
- [01:55] - What are some of the use cases?
- [04:19] - Chris shows some demos of Durable Functions
- [06:00] - What do we really get from using this?
- [08:30] - What are some of the Orchestration models this enables?
- [12:58] - What does the API surface look like?
- [18:51] - What flavors are .NET does Durable Functions support?
Remember to check out the documentation and GitHub repos listed below.
- Durable Functions documentation - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/durable-functions-overview
- Azure Functions documentation - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/
- Github Repo - https://github.com/Azure/azure-functions-durable-extension
- Durable task framework - https://github.com/Azure/durabletask