Play Diagnosing memory leaks in .NET apps
In this episode, Software Engineer, Mike Rousos, joins Rich to show can we can use tools like dotnet-dump and Visual Studio to diagnose memory leaks in our .NET applications, even if they're running on a different OS.
- [00:55] - What are memory leaks?
- [04:45] - Inspecting memory leaks cross platform
- [18:30] - Using dotnet-dump
- [21:35] - Inspecting dumps in Visual Studio
- [27:03] - Inspecting dumps with dotnet-dump
- Thread pool exhaustion
- Investigate performance counters
- Dump collection and analysis utility
- Symbol downloader