In this episode, Software Engineer, Mike Rousos, joins Rich to go through some ways to diagnose thread pool exhaustion in your .NET apps. Mike discusses and demos a collection of .NET CLI tools and techniques that can be used on Windows or Linux environments.
- [00:00] - Intro
- [01:23] - How does thread pool exhaustion occur?
- [03:18] - Inspecting diagnostics using dotnet-counters
- [09:07] - Collecting and analyzing dumps with dotnet-dump
- [19:42] - Switching to the async API
- Thread pool exhaustion
- Investigate performance counters
- Dump collection and analysis utility
- Symbol downloader