Online chat, realtime dashboards, social media sites and even games are just a few examples of where real-time technology can make a huge impact on user experience. ASP.NET Core SignalR is an open-source library that simplifies adding real-time functionality to your applications.
In this episode, Anthony Chu (@nthonyChu) comes on to talk about how we can get started with ASP.NET Core SignalR. He also shows us how the Azure SignalR Service allows us to easily scale our real-time connections.
- [01:26] - What is SignalR?
- [02:10] - Why would we want to use SignalR instead of polling?
- [03:03] - (Demo) How do we setup SignalR?
- [08:48] - What are the scaling options for SignalR?
- [12:00] - How does the SignalR service help with scaling?
- [13:40]- (Demo) How do we add the SignalR Service to an application?
- [18:07] - How can other languages or services integrate with Azure Functions?
- [19:23] - (Demo) How can we wire up the Azure Functions SignalR Binding?
- [25:17] - Where we can learn more and check out the demos?
- Introduction to ASP.NET Core SignalR
- What is Azure SignalR Service
- Serverless Trivia
- CosmosDB Real-time Update demo
- Azure Functions Binding for Azure SignalR Service
- Create a Free Account (Azure)