Your GraphQL schema is a contract of the data that clients can request from your API. A well designed schema is essential for any GraphQL enabled application.
In this episode, Cecil is joined by Michael Staib to talk about some important aspects of GraphQL schema design with the Hot Chocolate framework.
- [00:38] - Overview of GraphQL schema design
- [02:44] - Defer loading portions of the schema
- [03:52] - Discussing schema first design
- [05:11] - Using resolvers in HotChocolate
- [06:51] - Retching data with fragments
- [10:42] - Understanding Query types
- [13:03] - Defining schema using the SchemaBuilder
- [14:46] - Working with multiple IDs
- [18:11] - Structuring mutations
- [20:05] - Returning error responses in GraphQL
- [23:33] - Learn more about GraphQL with the free workshop
- Getting started with GraphQL on ASP.NET Core and Hot Chocolate - Workshop
- Getting started with GraphQL and Hot Chocolate
- Creating Web Apis with ASP.NET