Humanitarian Toolbox (HTBox) is a charity supporting disaster relief organizations with open source software and services. They are a community of developers, designers, testers, and industry professionals who want to contribute our unique skills in disaster relief aid.
In episode, Bill Wagner (Bill Wagner) joins Rich to discuss the charity, their impact and what they're working on next. We'll also find out how to get involved and contribute to the open source projects.
- [01:25] - What's the goal of Humanitarian Toolbox?
- [02:35] - Where has the software been used?
- [05:38] - What technology is powering the software?
- [08:38] - How does the project engage with NGOs ?
- [09:42] - What frameworks and APIs is AllReady using?
- [11:25] - What are the future plans for the projects?
- [12:21] - Can these projects be used by organizations other than NGOs?
- [13:00] - Where can the public learn more about the projects?
- [14:57] - Can developers and NGOs from outside the US participate?