In this episode, we're joined by Software Engineer Sung Yoon Whang from the .NET Runtime team. He's here to talk to us about the diagnostics client .NET Core. Using the library, you can communicate with CoreCLR to gather diagnostics dumps from your running application.
- [01:31] - What is the library for?
- [03:26] - Creating a custom runtime event tracer - demo
- [14:34] - Capturing traces from an .NET Core application
- [17:58] - Dumping traces to a file
- [20:14] - Who are using these tools?
- [21:20] - Using PerfView to inspect the dumps
- [23:49] - Where to learn more?
- .NET Core runtime diagnostic tools Github repository
- Microsoft.Diagnostics.NETCore.Client API Documentation
- Run-time configuration options for debugging and profiling