Did you know that there have been multiple minor releases of C# since 7.0? Many of these features make it much easier for developers to write more performant code by minimizing value type copying.
Our good friend and C# language designer, Mads Torgersen (@MadsTorgersen), joins this episode of On .NET to talk to us about some of these lesser known features that are available for developers to try out in their C# 7.x projects.
- [01:20] - Motivations for the minor releases of C#
- [02:31] - Who do the minor releases target?
- [03:48] - ref locals and returns (C# 7.0)
- [10:26] - ref readonly and in parameters (C# 7.2)
- [13:46] - How can these features be used with immutable types?
- [18:42] - How to opt into C# 7.2 features?
Learn more about some of the other new features of C# 7 through the links below