On this episode of On.NET, Microsoft Cloud Developer Advocate, Jeremy Likness, is joined by Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), Josh Lane, to discuss .NET Core and Containers. Josh and Jeremy discuss what containers are and how they fit into modern DevOps pipelines, then walk through the integrated tools in Visual Studio 2017 that assist developers with creating and debugging containers as well as publishing them to Azure via Azure Container Registry and Azure Web Apps for Containers.
- [00:44] - What are some of advantages of containers?
- [01:14] - How do containers compare to other hosting options?
- [04:14] - Demo of Visual Studio tooling for containers
- [07:06] - Deploying your container to Azure
Check out the following links to learn more.
- Azure Container Service (AKS)
- Azure Container Registry
- .NET Core Docker container images
- ASP.NET Core Docker container images
- Create a Free Account (Azure)