GraphQL supports the ability to subscribe to event streams to enable somewhat real-time scenarios for both clients and servers.
In this episode of the On .NET show, HotChocolate author Michael Staib returns to show us how to enable real-time data fetching with GraphQL using subscriptions .
- [02:02] - What is real-time data fetching?
- [04:30] - What are subscriptions used for?
- [05:48] - Setting up a GraphQL client in Blazor (Demo)
- [10:55] - Updating the GraphQL schema with fragments
- [16:38] - Updating the Razor components
- [24:48] - Using GraphQL variables
- [28:18] - Adding subscriptions