Service discovery essentially is trying to find an answer to the question of what services are available and how do I get to them.
In this episode, we chat with Tim Hess and David Dieruf from the Steeltoe team to learn how to setup Service discovery in an ASP.NET Core application with just a few lines of code.
- [02:40] - What is Service Discovery?
- [04:08] - Comparing Service Discovery and DNS
- [06:10] - Setting up service discovery with Steeltoe
- [13:28] - Configuring the discovery client
- [21:10] - Inspecting services in Eureka
- [23:03] - Benefits of Service Discovery
- [26:52] - Getting start resources