Play Setting up Observability in Orleans
As we continue to explore Microsoft Orleans, Reuben Bond returns to chat with Rich about how we can implement observability in our Orleans applications. He reviews concepts like OpenTelemetry, call filters, and much more.
- [00:00] - Intro
- [01:20] - Brief Orleans overview
- [02:15] - What is Observability?
- [05:28] - Observability in Orleans
- [10:34] - Call Filters
- [13:35] - Request Context
- [14:55] - Implementing call filters (DEMO)
- [21:50] - Building on existing tooling
- Building real applications with Orleans
- Deep Dive into Microsoft Orleans
- Inspecting application metrics with dotnet-monitor
- Orleans at Microsoft
- GitHub Issue: Added distributed tracing support