gRPC-Web allows browser based applications to call into gRPC services via a special proxy. .NET developers are now able to build and consume services that use gRPC-Web using the Grpc.AspNetCore.Web NuGet package.
In this episode, James Newton-King joins Cecil to explain how gRPC-Web works and show us what the code looks like to support this feature.
- [01:40] - What is gRPC about?
- [03:44] - How does gRPC use HTTP/2?
- [07:14] - Recognizing errors with gRPC streams?
- [09:12] - How does gRPC-Web work?
- [11:14] - gRPC-Web in .NET
- [12:51] - Understanding proxies
- [14:10] - ASP.NET gRPC streaming (Demo)
- [16:21] - gRPC-Web alongside other gRPC services
- [18:04] - Performance benefits with gRPC-web