Partly Cloudy is the show where you'll learn how to build a Xamarin.Forms app from scratch all the way through deploying it to the App Stores! Along the way you'll see some Azure goodness sprinkled in to make a fully enabled real-world mobile app.
In this first episode learn how a Xamarin.Forms project is structured and how to make HTTP requests to a local Azure function.
- All the code for this episode is on GitHub here.
- Episode recap post.
- Microsoft Learn module on calling REST services from Xamarin apps.
- Microsoft Learn course for learning Xamarin.Forms.
- Find out more on running Azure Functions locally.
- Microsoft Learn module on testing functions from Visual Studio.
- Local Azure Functions documentation.
- Find Matt on: Twitter, GitHub, and his Blog
- Follow @codemillmatt
- Learn more about Xamarin, Xamarin.Forms, & Cross-platform development
- Xamarin Developer Center & Blog
- Microsoft Learn Self-Guided Training
- Create a Free Account (Azure)
- Xamarin Developers YouTube Channel
- Xamarin on Twitter