Download this episode
Mark Rideout, Program Manager on the Silverlight product team, joins John to dive deep into many of the RichTextBox control's features. Mark has worked on the text aspects of Silverlight since the first version. Here are just a few of the areas that Mark covers:
- Overview of RichTextBox vs. TextBlock and TextBox for rich content
- Wire-up logic for applying formatting
- Inline UI elements
- Using text position to point for simple and complex operations
- Basic "position to point/point to position"
- How to walk content and getting rectangle data
- Using rectangle data to generate line metrics/highlight bar
- The clipboard XAML format and that the same data is exposed in the XAML property
- TextAlignment=Justify on paragraph
Don't miss this great deep dive into the RichTextBox control with Mark and John!
- John's Blog and on Twitter (@john_papa)
- Mark's Blog
- RichNotepad tutorial
- RichTextBox features explained in the Silverlight Technical Whitepaper
- RichTextBox documentation
- Overview of Silverlight text and fonts
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.