Download this episode
Performance is always a critical topic in development, especially when it comes to a mobile device. Jeff Wilcox shares several performance tips and dives deep into how he made the ProgressBar perform even better. Jeff retemplated the ProgressBar control via a style and made it very simple to apply to all instance in a project. Jeff and John also discuss the roles of the compositor thread and the UI thread on Windows Phone 7 with Silverlight.
He covers several topics including these:
- Flying pigs
- 3 steps to apply the ProgressBar performance enhancements
- UI thread and the Compositor thread
- Cross thread issues
- Styling the progress bar
- John's blog and on Twitter (@john_papa)
- Jeff's PerformanceProgressBar code
- Jeff's blog and on Twitter(@JeffWilcox)
- Jeff's Windows Phone 7 Tips
- John's Windows Phone 7 book
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.