Download this episode
Performance is always a critical topic in development, especially when it comes to a mobile device. Jeff Wilcox shares several performance tips and dives deep into how he made the ProgressBar perform even better. Jeff retemplated the ProgressBar control via a style and made it very simple to apply to all instance in a project. Jeff and John also discuss the roles of the compositor thread and the UI thread on Windows Phone 7 with Silverlight.
He covers several topics including these:
- Flying pigs
- 3 steps to apply the ProgressBar performance enhancements
- UI thread and the Compositor thread
- Cross thread issues
- Styling the progress bar
- John's blog and on Twitter (@john_papa)
- Jeff's PerformanceProgressBar code
- Jeff's blog and on Twitter(@JeffWilcox)
- Jeff's Windows Phone 7 Tips
- John's Windows Phone 7 book
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.