Download this episode
Just prior to MIX10, Nikhil Kothari appears on the show to demonstrate some of the key advantages around validation when using WCF RIA Services. He demonstrates how to use a Domain Service to expose your domain model and how to create a custom service method to further filter your data server side. Nikhil also shows how the Domain Services generates validation rules using the database attributes such as required fields or maximum string lengths. Other topics Nikhil covers:
- Domain service generated services and validation
- Custom service methods
- Adding your own validation attributes
- Creating custom validation methods for server and client
- Creating cross property validation in an entity
- Creating server only validation that may be called asynchronously from the client
- Showing validation errors to the user
Follow us on Twitter @SilverlightTV
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.