Want to build a Bing web and image search using Silverlight for Windows Phone 7? Kirupa Chinnathambi of the Expression team shows you just how to do that in this week's episode. Kirupa covers a lot of topics as he builds the app, including how to:
- wire up the app
- add the image templates
- use the Pivot control
- apply the built in resources to pick up the selected theme in the phone
- use sample data
- template a ListBox's ItemsPanel
- use the WrapPanel from the toolkit
- handle orientation changes of the phone
- customize the ApplicationBar
And Kirupa does all of this through Expression Blend!
Note: The WrapPanel used in this episode was from the Silverlight 3 Toolkit. Today the Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit was released, which includes the WrapPanel. Check out what other controls are in the toolkit in John's post.
- John's blog and on Twitter (@john_papa)
- Kirupa's demo
- List of
- Theme Resources for Windows Phone for Windows Phone
- ApplicationBar Icon pack for Windows Phone
- Kirupa's blog and on Twitter (@kirupa)
- Get a Bing App ID
- Download the Windows Phone Developer Tools
Follow us on Twitter @SilverlightTV or on the web at
Are you developing with Windows Phone 7? You can pre-order Learning Windows Phone Programming by Jaime Rodriguez, Yochay Kiriaty, and John Papa! Or check out the book's website.