Download this episode
Want to build a Bing web and image search using Silverlight for Windows Phone 7? Kirupa Chinnathambi of the Expression team shows you just how to do that in this week's episode. Kirupa covers a lot of topics as he builds the app, including how to:
- wire up the app
- add the image templates
- use the Pivot control
- apply the built in resources to pick up the selected theme in the phone
- use sample data
- template a ListBox's ItemsPanel
- use the WrapPanel from the toolkit
- handle orientation changes of the phone
- customize the ApplicationBar
And Kirupa does all of this through Expression Blend!
Note: The WrapPanel used in this episode was from the Silverlight 3 Toolkit. Today the Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit was released, which includes the WrapPanel. Check out what other controls are in the toolkit in John's post.
- John's blog and on Twitter (@john_papa)
- Kirupa's demo
- List of
- Theme Resources for Windows Phone for Windows Phone
- ApplicationBar Icon pack for Windows Phone
- Kirupa's blog and on Twitter (@kirupa)
- Get a Bing App ID
- Download the Windows Phone Developer Tools
Follow us on Twitter @SilverlightTV or on the web at
Are you developing with Windows Phone 7? You can pre-order Learning Windows Phone Programming by Jaime Rodriguez, Yochay Kiriaty, and John Papa! Or check out the book's website.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.