Download this episode
WCF is an integral part of the communication stack for Silverlight applications, but sometimes things go wrong, very wrong. How do you fix those issues. In this episode of Silverlight TV, Yavor Georgiev from the WCF and Silverlight team shows you how to identfy the problems with your WCF services and how to fix them. He covers several topics including these:
- Setting up your service
- Debugging issues with "add service reference"
- Handling Faults: How to get exceptions propogated from the sderver to Silverlight
- How to use Fiddler to use with WCF
- Using the new relative address feature in Silverlight 4
- John's blog and on Twitter (@john_papa)
- The Silverlight Web Services team blog
- John's MSDN Magazine article on faults and Silverlight
- Yavor's MIX talk on debugging
- Debugging walkthrough
- More details on faults
- Fiddler extension for binary WCF Silverlight messages
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.