Download this episode
In this episode, Corrina continues the Design Tips miniseries by sharing her insights on how to create tiles and splash screens for Windows Phone applications. She walks through the process of creating an icon in Expression Design and how to make tiles look good and quickly mesh with Metro. Corrina then shows how to create a splash screen and gives some good tips on how to make the splash screen provide a better user experience. Finally, she walks through some tips to help with working with gradients. This video is packed with tips from Corrina, including some great keyboard shortcuts she uses when working with Expression Design. The main topics Corrina covers are:
- Importing photos and using them as a stencil for icons
- Creating a good splash screen that meshes with your app
- Simple gradient color solutions
- John's blog and on Twitter (@john_papa)
- Susan's blog and on Twitter (@susantoddux)
- Corrina on Twitter (@corrinab)
- Arturo's blog and on Twitter (@arturot)
- Tsitsi's blog and on Twitter (@tsitsigora)
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.