In part 2 of Remote Development with Visual Studio Code, Brigit Murtaugh, a PM with VS Code, will explain how to set up a remote development environment using either Docker containers or GitHub Codespaces.
This episode will cover:
- [00:19]What is remote development in VS Code?
- [01:13]What is a container?
- [02:05]Why is container-based development useful?
- [03:34]How can I leverage container-based development in VS Code?
- [04:14]Demo: Let's configure a Remote Container
- [11:20]Demo #2: Let's try some sample commands in a Remote Container
- [17:42]Demo #3: Let's try using GitHub Codespaces
You can learn more by following these links:
- Part 1 - VS Code Remote Development with SSH, VMs, and WSL on Tabs vs Spaces
- Install Docker Desktop for Windows
- Sign up for GitHub Codespaces beta
- Download Visual Studio Code
- VS Code docs: Developing inside a container
- Windows docs: Overview of Docker remote development on Windows
- GitHub docs: About Codespaces
- Azure docs: Run Docker containers on-demand in a managed, serverless Azure environment