Learn all about WSL2, the new version of the Windows Subsystem for Linux, and what changes have been made to improve performance.
Craig Loewen will show you how to get things installed and set up a Linux development workflow that is integrated with Windows and VS Code. Check out the faster IO performance and system call compatibility, then watch Craig run an app from inside a container using Docker Desktop for Windows and debug it using VS Code.
Here are some links to learn more:
- Install WSL2
- Set-up your dev environment on Windows (link directly to WSL docs)
- File issues, search existing issues, get help with WSL
- Windows Command Line Blog (WSL News)
- Follow Craig Loewen or Windows Developer Docs on Twitter
- Create an Azure Account (12 months free + $200 credit)
- Source code for the Ghost Game demo
- Get started using Docker containers with WSL2 and NodeJS
- Install Docker Desktop for Windows
- Install VS Code