Learn all about Windows Terminal and how it can improve your development workflow.
If you're a developer (or IT professional) who likes to use the command line and appreciates an organized, customized, fast workflow... this episode is for you!
- Run PowerShell, Ubuntu (Linux), Azure CLI, Oh-my-Zsh, and Posh-Git command lines all in one terminal via multiple tabs.
- Open each command line in separate split panes, all in the same terminal window using shortcut keys to jump between them.
- Customize your font, background colors or images, shortcut keys, and default profiles.
- Checkout some demos and see what's good.
Kayla Cinnamon will show you how to get started and here are some links to learn more:
- Set-up your dev environment on Windows (links to Windows Terminal docs)
- Windows Terminal open-source repo on GitHub
- File issues, search existing issues, get help with Windows Terminal
- Windows Command Line Blog (Announcements re: Terminal, WSL, Console)
- Follow Kayla Cinnamon or Windows Developer Docs on Twitter
- Create an Azure Account (12 months free + $200 credit)
- Install Azure CLI to use with Windows Terminal