In Part 2 of our End of Support for Windows Server 2003 series, Kevin Remde welcomes Rick Claus to the show as they discuss various planning and migration tools that are available to help your move from Server 2003.
- [1:31] Let’s recap – Why is support ending for Windows Server 2003
- [4:22] Let’s talk about supported hardware.Will my existing hardware support a move from Server 2003 to Windows Server2012 R2?
- [5:50] Can I just upgrade my OS on existing hardware? Or am I going to have to do a clean install and migrate services and applications to the new installation?
- [7:25] What tools can help me in the assessment and planning stage for my move to Server 2012 R2?
- [10:52] What tools can help me move some of the more common workloads over?
- [18:06] Does the task become easier with virtualization?
- [21:54] What should I do if I have an application that just doesn't run on any OS other than or any newer than Server 2003?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Websites & Blogs: