Kevin Remde and Dan Stolts continue our series on “Modernizing Your Infrastructure with Hybrid Cloud” with an overview on how to plan for a hybrid cloud storage solution using Windows Server 2012 R2 and Microsoft Azure. Tune in for this lively discussion on the many storage options available to you as well as discussions around performance, reliability and security.
- [1:18] Let’s start with a quick summary of existing storage capabilities using modern infrastructure on-premises as supported by Windows Server 2012 R2
- [10:16] What is Azure Storage?
- [11:17] Can you give us a quick overview of Azure Storage Architecture?
- [12:30] In order to connect local systems to Azure Storage accounts, I have to think there is some kind of authentication required to make that happen securely. How is that done?
- [16:00] What is Blob Storage?
- [17:30] What are some common uses of Azure File Storage?
- [18:18] Is Azure data reliable?
- [21:10] Since we can access storage from Azure services or from our on-premises services, what kind of performance can we expect?
- [23:17] I understand we can take snapshots of data in Azure. Can you tell us a bit snapshots
- [24:37] Other than through the azure portal, how can businesses access Azure data?
- [28:45] What can you tell us about StorSimple?
- [32:21] Can I use Azure to host my SQL Server database?
- [35:19] Are there other storage components that we have not talked about?
Follow the series! http://aka.ms/ModernCloud
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Kevin Remde's Blog
- Jose Barreto's Blog
- Ned Pyle’s Blog
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds blog
- MVA Jump Start: Moving to Hybrid Cloud
- MVA Jump Start: Migrating Legacy Windows Server to 2012 R2 and Microsoft Azure
- How To Create A Self-Signed Computer Certificate using PowerShell
- Getting Started with the AzCopy Command-Line Utility
- Learn more about Windows Azure Storage Explorers