Jennelle Crothers welcomes Jenny Dooley from the Microsoft IT team to share with us their experience with using Windows Azure Pack for developing, deploying and supporting internal lab environments for product development at Microsoft. Listen in as they chat about how MSIT was able to provide a scalable private cloud for dev and test to enable rapid and agile product development.
- [0:45] What do you and your team do at Microsoft?
- [1:11] So why did your team build an internal private cloud?
- [2:20] How big of a lab are we talking here?
- [3:13] Wow! Implementing something this large has to have some challenges. Can you tell us about some of the road bumps you encountered?
- [5:20] Doing charge backs at this level has to be pretty tricky to implement, right?
- [7:00] How did you start using Windows Azure Pack? Was there anything special you had to do?
- [8:41] How did this help your team overall?
- [10:08] How do you see this evolving in the future?
Interested in learning more cloud development and test environments on Azure? Check out this great series on Dev-Test starts with IT!
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs: