Dan Stolts welcomes back Claus Joergensen to the show as they discuss Storage Spaces Direct - a new feature found in Windows Server 2016. Tune in learn about the ins and outs of this great new technology as well as how your organization can benefit from it.
- [1:24] What is Storage Spaces Direct and why is it important in Windows Server 2016?
- [5:12] What kind of internal disk drives can I use and will this support external storage devices?
- [7:15] Can you tell us a little bit about the underlying architecture and how this works?
- [9:19] How do you manage this?
- [11:29] Is there a reliance on iSCSI (or something similar) to enable this?
- [15:05] How do you deploy something like this? Let's talk about Private Cloud Hyper-Converged and Private Cloud Storage.
- [18:40] What does the process look like for when I want to expand a cluster?
- [21:20] If someone has existing storage or an external storage source vs. an internal disk (say a fibre channel system) --- is it still possible to still use this?
- [23:55] What are some typical real-world use case scenarios for this and can people benefit by using it immediately?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs: