Capturing more than 90% of the caucus results within three hours in a secure, accurate and trusted manner is an amazing accomplishment. In today’s special TechNet Radio episode, join Tommy Patterson as he welcomes the team that brought to life the 2016 Iowa Caucus app.
Built on Microsoft technology, the new platform featured a secure system, enabling precincts to report their results directly by party, ensuring that only authorized Iowans were reporting results. Tune in and learn how this cross-platform app came to be --- from planning, to testing and execution --- and learn how Microsoft Azure’s cloud computing platform played a vital role in storing, managing and reporting the election results.
- [3:44] How did the planning process look like at the beginning of this project? What were some of the hurdles that had to be crossed?
- [8:30] How did this work from a technology perspective? What did you use?
- [13:40] What about the testing and security aspect of this project?
- [27:01] How did you handle performance issues?
Have questions? Reach out to us on Twitter:
Microsoft Innovation Center Sr. Technical Evangelist
Manager – Campaign Technology Advisors
Campaign Technology Advisor (GOP)
Campaign Technology Advisor (Democrat)
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Tommy Patterson’s Blog
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds blog
- Looking for more Microsoft solutions? Check out WhyMicrosoft.com
- Learn more. Visit InterKnowlogy here